The Department of Health maintains certified nursing assistant registry which consist the lists of names of individuals who have completed an accredited nursing assistant program from an accredited colleges and schools. Before appoint you in care facilities, facilities must contact the registry to verifyCNA’s competency evaluation and employment status.
Enter Your Zip to Find CNA Schools Near You & Request Free Enrollment Info.
To be listed in nursing assistant registry you must have to pass accredited nursing aide training program and pass state competency program. You can transfer your certification from one state to another by applying interstate endorsement application to the registry.
If you enjoy your work as a CNA, consider the Loyola University online MSN programs to improve your salary and further your healthcare career.
Recommended CNA Schools that offer CNA Classes and CNA Training
Start your career with an education from Medtech. We offer programs in medical assisting, medical billing and coding, medical lab technology, and nursing, plus several short-term career courses.
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Office Specialist
- Diploma - Medical Assistant
- Diploma - Dental Assistant
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
For over 35 years, Keiser University has provided student-centered, quality career education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions.
- Medical Assisting, AS (Online)
- Certificate: Medical Assistant
- Associate of Applied Science: Medical Assisting
- AS - Medical Assisting
- Diploma - Medical Office Specialist
- Diploma - Medical Office Assistant
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
- Medical Assisting - Associate
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- AS in Health Science - Independent Duty Medical Technician
- AS in Health Science - Army Dental Specialist (Military Only)
- AS in Health Science - Dental Laboratory Advanced (Military Only)
- And more...
Give your career a boost with an education from Bryant and Stratton College. We offer certificate, associate degree, and bachelor's degree programs for careers in the business, criminal justice, design, finance, technology, health care, and legal fields.
For more information about Bryant and Stratton’s graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please visit our website at www.bryantstratton.edu/disclosures.
- Medical Administrative Assistant
- Respiratory Therapy (AS)
Nurse aide must report their employment status to the registry. You must perform at least of 8 hours of clinical paid nursing assistant duties every 24 months to stay on Registry. Orientation and training will not be accepted.
The CNAs who are not in registry also can be hired as nursing assistant if they are immediately enrolled in an accredited nursing assistant training program at the time of hire, complete the course and certification from the state registry within 4 months. Person working for a temporary agency must be on Registry before they are eligible to work in hospitals or health care facilities.
The nursing assistant registry uses the CNA’s social security number as the certificate number. Name changes must be reported to the registry by sending a copy of legal document. You can call registry to make an address change.
Some important information to the LPN or RN students
- Your certificate is only for 24 months from date of issue if you didn’t work as paid nursing assistant.
- There are no alternatives to extend NA Certification beyond 24 months.
- You cannot receive duplication of certification if you are tested in your state before 24 months.
- If you have current status on the NA Registry, you can request a letter that indicates current status and expiration date of certification.
The certified nursing assistant registry is mainly administered by Department of Health Service which is responsible to record the list of certified nurse. Registry also responsible for CNA license term such as issue, verification, transfer, suspension etc.