Certified Nursing Aide is a medical professional, duties of a CNA are to take care of patients, monitor vital sign of patients and assist doctors and staff nurse during treatment of patients. Nurse aide is also responsible to support emotionally or mentally to the patient. Basically nurse aide works under supervision of RN (Registered Nurse). CNA may work in varieties of facilities such as hospitals, nursing home, private medical clinic etc.
Enter Your Zip to Find CNA Schools Near You & Request Free Enrollment Info.
To become a certified nursing assistant health agencies required to pass certification examination. CNA certification requires minimum of 75 hours of training in basic health care, health law, and medical ethics. Candidates must pass state certification examination to be certified.
Recommended CNA Schools that offer CNA Classes and CNA Training
For over 35 years, Keiser University has provided student-centered, quality career education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions.
- Medical Assisting, AS (Online)
- Medical Assisting
- Practical Nursing
- AAS - Medical Assistant
- DIP-Medical Assistant
- AAS - Medical Office Administration
- Certificate: Medical Assistant
- Associate of Applied Science: Medical Assisting
- Diploma - Medical Assistant
- Diploma - Dental Assistant
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- AS - Medical Assisting
- Diploma - Medical Office Specialist
- Diploma - Medical Office Assistant
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
- Medical Assisting - Associate
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- Military Physical Assistant Prerequisite Program
Pioneering distance education since 1985, Liberty University is now the nation’s seventh largest university. With more than 300 online and residential areas of study, Liberty offers programs from the certificate to doctoral level.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
Techniques of Online CNA Programs
The contents of online CNA programs help you to pass written portion of certification examination. Online programs provide the knowledge to face scenario such as a resident of nursing home’s eating habit have changed in response to personal loss of death of spouse, a resident become violent in public area, beginning of the shift etc. The learning methods of online CNA courses are included following topics;
- Discussion Board – Online course mediate between professor and students. Assignment, comments, questions can be post for the answer. The post are remain in discussion board in purpose for review materials from past.
- Video Chat – Students and Professor can log into chat room to learn face to face for lecture experience. Sight and hearing activities in online training program are to increase your ability to remember what you learn.
- Online Exam – Timed exam and instant result facilities are available in online CNA program. This helps you to find your weak points.
The strategies of online training programs are based on asynchronous and synchronous techniques. Synchronous techniques involve interacting in a real time with professors and fellows. Video of text chat is synchronous basis online programs. Discussion board and education file sharing service is included in asynchronous technique of online education, which provides facilities of exchange of classroom materials, assignment submission, and discussion.
Financial Aid for Online CNA Course
The advantage of online training program is that they give you total control of your schedule. You can do your training when you need to. Online colleges are more affordable than traditional colleges in financial aid. A few financial aids are available for the students who attending online nursing aide course are as follows;
- Federal Loans
Online Courses after CNA Training Programs
There are many online schools that provide online CNA course. But you must have to choose accredited course. Online course also helps you to get advance degree after CNA. Online schools help you to go further along with CNA job. Some online programs that CNA might consider to getting are as follows;
- BSN (Bachelors of Science In Nursing) Programs
- Associates of Science in Health Service Administration (ASHSA)
- Physician Assisting Programs
These degrees can achieve through accredited, recognized online institutions.
Before choosing online CNA programs you have to know about the techniques that are used in online classes. Further studies, financial aide are also factors to be considered before choosing online course of CNA.